Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Afternoon Mr. Mom - Day 7

3/9/2010
Day Seven as Afternoon Mr. Mom

Today was a better day. Tracy picked up Tristan at school so when I got home I didn't have to run right out and get him. I beat them home which was nice because I was able to get a couple chores done. Tristan came thru the front door and wanted to tell me all about his day at school. Only parts were entellagable.

Snack Time!!! I learned a good lesson today, even though you want to be "fun Dad" do not give a 2yr old a hand full of Cheetos for a snack. Basically I spent a good hour wiping off orange hand prints off walls, floors, furniture and even dogs. NEVER AGAIN he only gets fruit & veg from now on.

Since Tristan wanted to paint everything in Cheetos I thought we should give real painting a go. I broke out the paints and the rest of gear and we went for it.

Thatcher was really wanting to paint he kept grabbing at the brushs so I played goalie...he came in and I kicked him right back out. He enjoyed watching big bro. Tristan thought is was a good idea to mix all his paints into one beautiful shade of blah..he liked it that's all that matter.


Thatcher showed big bro today that he's not to be messed with. He had a death grip on one of toys when Tristan decide that he wanted it a when he pulled it way Thatcher just held on and his weight pulled Tristan straight to the ground and Thacher stayed sitting. It was great Tristan laughed which made Thatcher laugh. Another face to face came when Thatcher was sitting between my legs on the floor playing and Tristan rolled in and sat in front of him but between him and his toy Thatcher rared back and two handed pushed Tristan in the back and even gave him a little Head butt. Tristan spazed out and again they both started laughing.

After playing for awhile it was time to feed Thatcher, as he ate the little guy fell asleep with the bottle in his month. So I put is down and Tristan and I started cooking becuase we were making chicken pot pieifor dinner. Tracy made It home early so we all had dinner together. It was a fun day

That was day 7 as Afternoon Mr. Mom

1 comment:

Shannon said...

note to self: Mexican wrestler masks for the Waage boys next christmas :)