Friday, March 5, 2010

Afternoon Mr. Mom - Day 4

3/4/2010
Day four as Afternoon Mr. Mom

While picking Tristan up at school I learned what I think all parents learn at some point that Tristan listens better to teachers then his parents. As I walk thru the door Tristan sees me and comes running, his teacher quickly says "Now Tristan, pick up your toy's and put them away before you go to Dad". Tristan with no fussing stops whips around picks up all his toys and puts the right away. I stood there happy to see he respects what his teachers asks of him, and a little pissed that I have to ask him at least 6 times before he even acknowledges me, I think (hope) this is true with all kids.

When we got home, I grabbed Thatcher and went out to the garage with Tristan to work on his ATV. After 30mins and lots of help from Tristan I had it completely torn apart where all I had was the wire harness and the power wheels in my hands. In just a little time I found the problem and was able to get the wheels to turn again. Now the problem is how to fix the shifter which is cheap plastic and is the issue, to function long term so it doesn't loosen back up and bust again. Well that is a job for the weekend. But Tristan is very happy that his ATV moves again and both he and Thatcher really liked it when I hooked the battery up and let the back wheels go slamming all about the garage.

After the fun of fixing stuff we went inside for a snack. Thatcher went to town on his teething cracker. Problem is it's like giving a dog a rawhide sure they love it but when they are done there is a gooey mess on them and anything they touch. That stuff is harder to get out, then a conversation with a 80yr old.

Anyway we made a quick dinner of Hot dogs, green beans and fries. Thatcher showed his true Waageness and ate a only serving of squash and almost the same of applesauce, he's our growing boy. Mommy got home around 6:45pm and soon after we all relaxed till bed time.

That was day 4 as Afternoon Mr. Mom

No comments: